Is weed legal in new jersey is a question on many people’s minds.
The short answer is no, it is not currently legal to possess or use marijuana for recreational purposes in the state of New Jersey.
However, there is a movement afoot to change that, and recent polls suggest that public opinion is swinging in favor of legalizing cannabis.
In this post, I am going to explore the current legal landscape around marijuana in New Jersey, as well as the prospects for future reform.
What is the current legal landscape for marijuana in New Jersey?
The current legal landscape for marijuana in New Jersey is that it is illegal to possess or use cannabis for recreational purposes.
However, there is a movement afoot to change that, with polls suggesting that public opinion is swinging in favor of legalizing cannabis.
The benefits of legalization include tax revenue, economic stimulus, and social justice. There would also be an impact on society and the economy, which is explored in more detail below.
How is weed legalization polling in New Jersey?
A 2017 poll found that 61% of New Jersey residents support legalizing marijuana, with only 37% opposed.
This is a significant increase from just a few years ago when polls showed that public opinion was more evenly divided on the issue.
The change in public opinion is likely due to a combination of factors, including the success of legalization in other states, the growing body of evidence showing the benefits of cannabis, and the continued failure of the war on drugs.
What are the prospects for future reform of marijuana laws in NJ?
The prospects for future reform look good, with public opinion firmly in favor of legalization and a number of high-profile politicians coming out in support of the issue.
One of the leading proponents is Senator Cory Booker, who has introduced a bill in Congress that would federally decriminalize marijuana.
Other notable supporters include Governor Phil Murphy and Senator Robert Menendez.
What are the benefits of legalizing weed in New Jersey?
There are a number of potential benefits to legalizing weed in New Jersey. These include:
1. Tax revenue: Legalizing and taxing cannabis would provide a much-needed boost to the state’s economy. estimates suggest that legalization could generate up to $300 million in tax revenue annually.
2. Economic stimulus: In addition to generating tax revenue, legalizing weed would also create jobs and stimulate economic activity. A recent report estimated that legalization could create up to 1,200 new jobs in New Jersey.
3. Social justice: Another important benefit of legalization is that it would help to address the disproportionate impact that the war on drugs has had on communities of color. African Americans are 3.5 times more likely to be arrested for marijuana possession than whites, even though they use cannabis at similar rates.
4. Medical benefits: Legalizing weed would also make it possible for patients to access medical cannabis. There is strong evidence that cannabis is effective in treating a variety of conditions, including pain, anxiety, and seizure disorders.
5. Safer than alcohol: It is important to note that cannabis is considerably safer than alcohol, which is legal. Cannabis is non-toxic and cannot cause death by overdose.
How would cannabis legalization impact society and the economy in NJ?
Legalizing weed would have a positive impact on society and the economy in New Jersey.
In addition to the benefits mentioned above, legalization would also lead to reduced crime, improved public health, and increased tourism. Overall, it is clear that the benefits of legalization far outweigh the costs.
Where to buy Weed in New Jersey?
If you are looking to buy weed in New Jersey, your best bet is to check out one of the many online dispensaries. These companies ship high-quality cannabis products directly to your door.
Some of the most popular online dispensaries include:
1. Green Rush Daily
2. The Green Solution
3. Med Men
These companies offer a wide variety of products, including flowers, edibles, concentrates, and topicals. You can also find products for specific medical conditions, such as pain, anxiety, and insomnia.
Where to Buy Cannabis Seeds in New Jersey?
If you want to grow your own cannabis at home, you will need to purchase seeds. You can find a wide variety of cannabis seeds for sale online, including both feminized and autoflowering varieties.
Some of the best places to buy cannabis seeds in New Jersey include:
1. Green Rush Daily
2. The Green Solution
3. Nirvana Shop
4. I Love Growing Marijuana
5. Seed Supreme
These companies offer high-quality seeds that are guaranteed to germinate. They also ship directly to your door, so you can get started on your grow as soon as possible.
Overall, it is clear that the benefits of legalizing weed in New Jersey far outweigh the costs. Legalization would generate tax revenue, create jobs, stimulate the economy, and address the disproportionate impact of the war on drugs on communities of color.
It would also make it possible for patients to access medical cannabis and reduce crime. If you are looking